The deck railing system of the glass covers are made of tempered glass, which has been treated so that it can provide maximum strength and security for your project. Even if the tempered glass is broken, it will not shatter.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Build a Deck Railing System with Glass
- Measure the distance between your deck balusters.
- Decide what style of deck railing system want to install glass. You can opt for a solid plate of tempered glass or you can install multiple narrow boards. Choose from straight or wavy plates or between light and stained glass for your railing deck plates.
- Order your tempered glass. Be sure it has rounded edges for safety and the glass is thick enough to meet local codes.
- Removes the existing deck railings. Then, make sure the base and the part above the railing deck system are routed wide enough for tempered glass panels rest within fairly.
- Slide tempered glass panels in place on the bottom rail. Check that the distance between the balusters and glass panels either partner. Then install the deck railing system top using screws to secure them to the deck balusters.
- Screw section part rounded fin top and bottom of the rail, both inside and outside of the glass to securely lock into place.