A rustic look puts the emphasis on comfort and warmth. The colors rustic green, red and brown are earthy, and one of the best places to create a stunning rustic presentation is on the shelf of your fireplace mantel decor.
- Start with a focal point on the fireplace mantel decor. This can be an object, but the piece needs to be larger design. A good idea is a mirror trimmed with cedar or birch bark.
- Retains the color scheme of your room. Use colors that complement, like cream beige and green with deep red or yellow tones with brown and blue.
- One of the ways most charming decorating a mantel is to hang a wreath on it. The crowns are good choices because they can be rotated to match the changing seasons.
- These parts can be located to one side, giving a texture contrast and design for fireplace mantel decor. Use candles learned from other colors in your room, highlighting the points of color on the cushions and curtains.
- An easy way to bring texture to your shelf is framed pieces of fabric. Jute, wool, pieces of blanket samples and sheets are some of the items that can frame and collect on a shelf.