How to distress kitchen cabinets? For the individuals who admire the look of old or antiqued kitchen cabinets, you don’t need to have the wood for eras to get the antiquated look. Restoring and distressing the cabinets by hand give more up to date cabinets an old feel and look.
1. Expel the entryways from the cabinets with a screwdriver and evacuate any equipment.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Distress Kitchen Cabinets
2. Apply a cover of acetone to the whole cabinet. Tenderly scratch away the layers of paint with the scrubber, moving in a here and there movement.
3. Apply another cover of darker paint to the surface of the cabinets, for example, a dull tan.
4. How to distress kitchen cabinets? Apply a lighter color of paint over the dim tan, for example, light blue, white or rich yellow.
5. Make the bothered look by rubbing ranges of the cabinet with sandpaper, so the darker paint starts to show through the lighter paint. Sand around handles, pivots and different ranges.
6. Spread the finished cabinets with a cover of varnish to secure the wood and include sheen. Apply one cover, and permit it to dry before including a second layer if fancied.
7. Paint the cabinets in your lighter color paint, and permit to dry before re-connecting the routes to the how to distress kitchen cabinets.