Embed materials within the wood is an art that requires a lot of practice to master. Make an embedding of a star compass wall decor is a good start as the star designs have straight edges that are easier to transfer to the wood curves lines. Once you master this exercise, you can advance to more complicated and intricate designs and decorate wood embedding other contrasting materials.
- Select the design you want star compass wall decor embedded and calculi with tracing paper. You can increase or decrease the size of the star with a photocopier, if necessary. Use a sharp pencil to carefully delineate the edges of the star.
- Cut the star of your tracing paper cutting gently drawn over the edges with an exact a knife.
- Copy the outline of the star on your piece of wood with a pencil.
- Walking along the wooden silhouette drawn with the tip of your exacta knife blade. This will help create a clear outline for your inlay.
- Draw the pattern on the material you want to embed of compass wall decor. If you’re using plastic or mother of pearl, draw the shape of the star on them, then cut the shape using the exacta knife carefully cut along the line you had drawn.